Holy moly, guys. This girl is the big 3-0!!!
With that being said, I’d like the share 30 things I’ve learned over the past 30 years that have helped me become the person I am today. I look forward to what this year will bring, and I’m eager to start learning even more life lessons in this new chapter of life!
- God has His own plan for you
- Don’t drink and drive
- Your pet is your true best friend, also, get a pet
- You can’t trust everyone
- It’s OK to skip class or play hooky from work a few times
- It’s inevitable, you’re going to screw up at some point
- Constantly update your resume
- Be nice to people
- You can’t fix everything, but for damn sure try
- Save money – hide cash from yourself. It could come in handy in emergencies.
- Workout and eat right. The older you get, the harder it gets to drop pounds.
- Travel and travel often
- Don’t settle
- It’s OK to walk away from relationships and negative situations
- Boys suck, and girls do too
- Find a hobby
- Limit yourself to 1 credit card
- Live on your own. Roommates are cool, but there comes a time when you need to experience everything on your own.
- Learn the difference between claiming 1 and 0 on your tax forms. That’s the kind of stuff they don’t teach you in school!
- Keep your legs closed and don’t chase guys
- Spend time with your grandparents
- Lunchables, snack packs, and cereal for dinner is totally cool
- Try new things – food included
- Set goals
- Keep a journal
- Make sure you’re giving yourself some alone time
- Take your vitamins
- Unicorns are real
Cheers to 30!
Crop top – Nordstrom
Disco pants – H&M South Africa (sale rack!)
Lip – Beso by Stila
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous