We all know global warming is bad for the planet but who doesn’t love a great sunny day in the midst of winter? SUNday Funday takes on a whole new meaning when temperatures hit above 40 degrees in January!
The weather this past weekend was pretty fab so a friend and I played tourists on our home turf and hit Lumen for some lunch and libations.
In case you’re in the Detroit area during winter, make sure to stop by Lumen and experience an igloo. Igloos are first come, first serve but community seating based on the number of people in your party. Either way, it’s a fun (heated) experience. A full menu is served in the igloos which come equipped with heaters and furry blankets.
Another great thing about global warming – you get to step out of your stuffy boots and puffy coats. I’m not at all a fan of cold weather so any time I can throw on something cute, colorful and technically made for warmer temps, I’m all about it. Hence, sporting my new Adidas Falcons (thanks to bae 😉😘). BTW, these Adidas Falcon sneakers are super comfy and fun. They come in multiple color ways and are decently affordable for a specialty shoe.
Get out. Have fun. Explore your home town. And look fab while doing it!
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous!**
Oh, hello there. As today is Tuesday, I figured I would take a moment to share my experience at Clementina Detroit, a seasonal restaurant (food tuck) stationed in Detroit’s Capitol Park. So without further ado, Happy Taco Tuesday!!
Clementina has easily become one of the most Instagramed food stops in Detroit since its grand opening. The colors, and atmosphere alone are enough reason to at least stop by. I dined there last weekend with my friend and fellow foodie – you can follow her food adventures on Instagram @tastestation, and we had…. an interesting experience.
Clementina is known for its libations, especially the frosé which we of course HAD to order. It was the perfect amount of frozen, to boozy, to flavorful combo. However, I was a little caught off guard by the cost. We had to purchase a separate cup for water and drink that from a fountain. I know it’s a food truck, but since when is water not free?
The food was decent. For the price, however, I would have liked MUCH better service. I was unfortunately greeted with an attitude as I walked up to place my food order (there are separate trucks for food and beverages). There were some eye rolls and huffs when I asked questions about the menu; and as the Recruiting Manager for a restaurant chain, I pick up on personality quickly. I don’t condone anything other than a smile. But I went on an ordered my two tacos. *Be mindful of the automatic gratuity and service charge when ordering though.* My two tacos totaled $14 and some change. Unfortunately my order was wrong, but the staff was thankfully willing to make my correct taco quickly.
I had the pork taco and the shrimp taco. The pork option was a little more flavorful while the shrimp taco didn’t sit too well with me. I did try some of the chicken nachos and those would be worth returning for!
Moral of the story, I recommend going if you’d like something fun to do in Detroit. Clementina a is stationed in Capital Park where there are little shops nearby. And if you’re still hungry, Prime and Proper is directly across the street. We made a day of it by starting at Clemintina, working our way over to Detroit Water Ice to satisfy our sweet tooth and had the pleasure of meeting the owner Mitch Albom. Then we ended our mini tour of downtown at Campus Martius and stuck our feet in the sand at the sand bar.
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous.
With the anticipation getting stronger for the completion of Little Caesars arena, my visit to The District Detroit Welcome Center made me want to share some exciting findings with all of my Detroit players!
Thanks to Visit Detroit and Travel Massive, I was able to get a glimpse of what’s to come over the next few years between Little Caesars Arena, and the surrounding area. So, without further ado, here are 10 things you need to know about The District Detroit (Detroit’s entertainment block including Comerica Park, The Fox Theater, Ford Field, and Little Caesars Arena)!
The District Detroit:
- The District Detroit is the largest privately-led urban development.
- It is the first street corner in America with 5 pro teams within blocks of each other – Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons, and the soon-to-be pro soccer team!
- By 2020, all the arenas will no longer sit in a sea of parking, rather, retail, food, and entertainment.
- A currently un-named, 200-room, 5 star hotel will be coming to the district; and it will cater to athletes and entertainers.
- Little Caesars Arena will be the loudest arena in the US! It’s architecture is a mix of Madison Square Garden and an arena in Montreal, CA.
- The arena will seat 20,000.
- Little Caesars Arena will be an entertainment center that will be hip on a cold February night! A space similar to the High Line in NY will be constructed for patrons to enjoy even when there’s not an event happening.
- Little Caesars Arena will house a three-story brewery! The name cannot be released yet, but we do know their brand color is BLUE.
- No steps, no ramps. At Little Caesars Arena, you’ll be able to walk right in to your section from the street.
- The District Detroit will not get a movie theater even though it’s wanted by many. The development feels as though theaters will soon be a thing of the past. 😦
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous
I’m a Michigan girl, so naturally I’m excited for one of Detroit’s most elite fashion events – Fashion In Detroit! So if you’re in the area, be sure to clear your schedule this Saturday for a fun, fashion-forward event.
Reasons not to miss Fashion In Detroit 2014:
1. There will be runway shows including fashions from the Adam Levine Collection plus a musical performance by Lewis Hensley! I first discovered Lewis Hensley at a different fashion event years ago and instantly became intrigued by his smooth voice. I am personally very excited that Detroit’s own Lewis Hensley will be the official performer of Fashion In Detroit 2014.
2. Market Detroit will be back for those who like to discover and shop. Market Detroit is an interactive pop-up shop retail environment featuring local designers, retailers, vendors and entrepreneurs.
3. There will be an after glow because everyone loves a good fashion party! Sound Board at Motor City Casino will be transformed into the chic and now-famous Fashion In Detroit After Glow party attended by local celebs and fashionistas alike.
4. Fashion In Detroit will present the opportunity for lots if photo ops. From runway pics, to selfies and even group shots, there will be several reasons to snap pics throughout the night resulting in great footage for blogs, Instagrams, Facebook and more. Plus, there is a special Social Media lounge offered to bloggers and press presented by Style Shack.
5. It’s one of Detroit’s best fashion events! In its 4th year, Fashion In Detroit 2014 is a non-profit corporation established to spotlight Metro-Detroit’s fashion and it’s unique development. Developed by Joe Faris, fashion designer and Project Runway Alum, this event is held at Motor City Casino in Detroit showcasing both fashion and entertainment.
To find out more about Fashion In Detroit visit the website at http://www.fashionindetroit.com.
Will you be attending Fashion In Detroit at Motor City Casino?
Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous*