It’s crazy to think I’m less than 50 days away from turning the big 3-0. It certainly makes me reflect on where I am now vs where I thought it would be. Growing up, I wanted to graduate college and have my dream job directly after, be married by 26, and have my first child at 27/28. Boy life did not happen that way. But you know what? Everything happens for a reason and that’s ok that things didn’t turn out how I planned. You live and you learn!
And thanks to Earnest, personal and student loan refinancer, I’ve gone back and thought about some of the best years of my life – college! Attending and graduating from Central Michigan University helped shape me, helped kickstart my career, and helped form friendships of a lifetime.
But are there some things I wish I had done differently that may have changed where I am today? Of course! If I knew then what I know now, I’d tell myself this…
- Start paying off loans while you’re in school
- Save up at least $10 a month
- You don’t NEED coffee. It may leave you with an ulcer in the end anyway.
- Apply for as many scholarships as possible
- Job shadow professionals in your field of interest
And here are a few things I’m happy I did in college that I’d like to share…
- Take part in internships
- Take summer classes at a Community College. It’s cheaper, your credits will transfer, and it can help you graduate earlier.
- If you live close enough to home, go home for the weekend and take your laundry with you!
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous.