With the anticipation getting stronger for the completion of Little Caesars arena, my visit to The District Detroit Welcome Center made me want to share some exciting findings with all of my Detroit players!
Thanks to Visit Detroit and Travel Massive, I was able to get a glimpse of what’s to come over the next few years between Little Caesars Arena, and the surrounding area. So, without further ado, here are 10 things you need to know about The District Detroit (Detroit’s entertainment block including Comerica Park, The Fox Theater, Ford Field, and Little Caesars Arena)!
The District Detroit:
- The District Detroit is the largest privately-led urban development.
- It is the first street corner in America with 5 pro teams within blocks of each other – Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons, and the soon-to-be pro soccer team!
- By 2020, all the arenas will no longer sit in a sea of parking, rather, retail, food, and entertainment.
- A currently un-named, 200-room, 5 star hotel will be coming to the district; and it will cater to athletes and entertainers.
- Little Caesars Arena will be the loudest arena in the US! It’s architecture is a mix of Madison Square Garden and an arena in Montreal, CA.
- The arena will seat 20,000.
- Little Caesars Arena will be an entertainment center that will be hip on a cold February night! A space similar to the High Line in NY will be constructed for patrons to enjoy even when there’s not an event happening.
- Little Caesars Arena will house a three-story brewery! The name cannot be released yet, but we do know their brand color is BLUE.
- No steps, no ramps. At Little Caesars Arena, you’ll be able to walk right in to your section from the street.
- The District Detroit will not get a movie theater even though it’s wanted by many. The development feels as though theaters will soon be a thing of the past. 😦
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous