Hey friends. I’m going to be honest. I don’t know how much more of winter I can take. This cold and snow is just disrespectful, and it should be illegal. Ya feel me?! But alas, I can’t change the weather, so I’m just changing my scenery instead.
Life with sun and sand is a little bit down the road, so in the meantime, I’m changing my indoor scenery. I decided I wanted to come home to more bright colors to make life feel a little warmer, so I’m in the process of redecorating. This is a great way to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you’re in a winter slump.
Not only will brightening your decor make you feel happier, it will open up your space to give a homier, warmer feeling. I’ve been living in the same apartment for almost 4 years now. I love it and I love the location, so there’s really no need to move just yet. So I figured a little bit of redecorating would be a great way to make it feel new and fresh, and also have something to look forward to coming home to after walking several blocks in the cold daily.
When I first moved in, I wanted everything to play off of Turquoise. Although I am still fond of the color, I decided to play with pinks and gold for this stage of redecorating. There’s still more to be done, but I’ve had a great start so far.
- Find a base color and one or two accent colors. For example: Turquoise – base color. Nude and gold – accent colors.
- Play on Pinterest and Instagram for inspiration. Before you know it, you’ll be getting ads on your timelines for everything you’re dreaming of!
- Where to shop? HomeGoods, At Home, and Wayfair. Fun story – I took a friend to At Home and she is now obsessed. Really though, if you have the chance to go any At Home location, do yourself a favor and just do it!
- Add live plants and flowers to your living space. Always have at least one fake arrangement, but live plants and flowers add life and depth.
- Don’t purchase everything at once. Find a good starting off point like pillows and work your way through the space. Pick up something here and there until you feel the decor is complete.
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous.