Even though we’ve been experiencing global warming-induces temps (not gonna lie, it’s scary but glorious), spring will be here soon! Prepare your home for the season, lift your spirits, and add some pops of color by placing fresh flowers throughout your living space.
Flowers smell good, look great, and just all around are the perfect accessory for the home. But do you ever worry about the longevity of your fresh flowers? No worries. Here are a few tips to keep your floral arrangements alive longer.
- Cut the stems at an angle
- Don’t use the entire bag of plant food in one setting.
- Change water often. Add a little bit of food each time you change out the water.
- Remove leaves towards the bottom of the stems so no leaves submerge in water.
- Remember, flowers don’t always have to live directly in sunlight, but if you’re able to keep them close to a window, a little vitamin D won’t hurt.
And no need to stop by a pricey florist. Local grocery stores like Kroger and Trader Joe’s have a nice selection of affordable flowers. 🌺🌸🌼
Photos by Krystina Stanton
**Thanks for reading; you’re F.A.Bulous.